The site is closed between midnight and 6 a.m
Being naked, bare-footed, or wearing indecent or offensive clothing is forbidden. Shoes, pants or shorts, and shirts are mandatory everywhere on the Site including, but not limited to, all outdoor areas and inside buildings.
It is forbidden to discard, leave behind, or dump garbage, litter, any articles or objects, hazardous materials, or pollutants on the Site or in the river, other than in the containers designed for this purpose, as applicable.
Any and all objects found will be considered as having been abandoned and will be held at the Corporation’s security office for sixty (60) days, after which time the Corporation will dispose of them.
It is forbidden to:
• Hunt, trap, and shoot
• Fish within the boundaries of the site.
• Feed birds and wild animals
Walking with a pet is permitted on the site so long as it is on a leash. Pet owners must pick up their pet’s excrements and maintain control of their pet at all times to ensure it does not disturb, or pose a thread to, members of the public.
The presence of animals is forbidden inside the Corporation’s buildings and at Clock Tower Beach, except for service animals (such as guide dogs and assistance dogs) whether they are on duty or in training.
Smoking and vaping tobacco or cannabis are prohibited:
• on terraces and other outdoor areas used for commercial operations and designed for rest, relaxation, and consumption of products.
• in outdoor play and game areas designated for children and the general public.
• within a distance of nine (9) metres from any door, air inlet or vent, or window that, when open, gives into a building.
Selling, consuming, and being in possession of alcoholic beverages on the site is forbidden, except in areas specifically designated for this purpose.
Using glass containers is only permitted in food concession stands duly authorized by the Corporation to do so.
It is at all times forbidden to bring in and consume, at food concession stands and on their terraces, food or beverages purchased elsewhere than on the site.
Sale of any and all products is forbidden on the site.
It is forbidden to:
• light fires and campfires and using hot plates, portable stoves, barbecues, and other similar equipmen.
• swim both in the site’s basins and in the river.
• use sound amplification equipment without authorization from the Corporation.
• use radios and musical instruments is permitted so long as their volume remains at an acceptable level as to ensure that the site remains tranquil.
• use drones, motorized scaled model, rockets, or kites on the site without authorization from the Corporation.
• camp on the site.
• Fish on the site.
The site is first and foremost a pedestrian area. All vehicles must at all times give the right of way to pedestrians, bicycles, and other site users.
It is forbidden to:
• ride a skateboard on the site.
• ride in an automobile, a gasoline engine motorized scooter, or an electric scooter in areas where automobile traffic is not permitted (i.e. on the Promenade).
Automobile traffic is only permitted in the King Edward and Clock Tower parking lots and on their access roads for Site access purposes only.
Any and all traffic anywhere on the OPMC site must respect the 10 km/h speed limit.
• park in any area not designated for this purpose.
• park in such a way as to occupy more than one parking space.
• park a motor home or trailer on the site.
The level crossing barrier lights will flash when a train is approaching. Vehicles are prohibited from accelerating when the barriers begin to come down.
It is prohibited to be on the railway when an oncoming train is less than 20 metres away from the road or before a passing train has entirely cleared the road. All vehicles and pedestrians must remain behind the level crossing barriers.
It is prohibited to climb onto the roof of a train or to pass under a train, whether it is in operation or not.
It is forbidden to panhandle, solicit members of the public, sell, hand out flyers, showcase products, hang banners or signs, advertise, promote a product, service, or cause on the Site, be it for commercial purposes or not, without the authorization of the Corporation.
Filming, recording, and taking photos other than for personal use is prohibited without the prior written authorization of the Corporation.
Must follow rules, signage and staff instructions.
Boats must be moored at the Port d'escale, Yacht Club Montréal or locks (while waiting to lock through)
It is forbidden to:
• waterski or engage in any other similar nautical activities in the Jacques-Cartier and Clock Tower basins.
• drop anchor in the Jacques-Cartier, Clock Tower, King Edward, or Alexandra basins without authorization.
• make excessive noise. Curfew is in effect from 11 p.m. to 10 a.m.
• obstruct quays and to install barbecues or any other equipment on the quays.
Alcohol use and chairs on the quays are tolerated.
Boats may not navigate in excess of 10 km/h within the Port d’escale basin and must not make waves.
For security reasons, quays and jetties must remain unobstructed at all times so as not to impede access. The presence of chairs is tolerated so long as the middle of the quay is kept clear. The presence of tables, lockers, and any other piece of furniture on the quays is not permitted. Water and electricity cables resting on the quays must not extend across the quays and must remain one (1) foot (0.3 m) from quayside. Stairs may only be installed on the quays with the authorization of the Corporation.
Excessive noise is prohibited at all times and a curfew is in effect from 11 p.m. to 10 a.m. During the curfew period, any individual or group of individuals behaving inappropriately may be ejected without notice, compensation, or reimbursement.
Dogs are welcome on the Site and at the Port d’escale so long as they are on a leash and so long as their excrements are promptly picked up and disposed of in a hygienic manner.
For reasons for safety, cooking equipment is strictly forbidden on the quays. They are permitted aboard watercrafts so long as they are secured to the boat. Cooking equipment using naphtha or briquettes is not permitted, either on the quays or on boats.
It is forbidden to run, use inline skates, ride skateboards or bicycles, or use any other means of transport on the quays.
It is forbidden to swim, float on inflatables, or fish in the basin.
Use of glass containers is forbidden on the quays.
It is forbidden to feed ducks and other animals in the basin.
Port d’escale personnel members are not permitted to accept tips or gifts.
Any breakage or damage to Port d’escale or Corporation property must be reported to Port d’escale personnel and the individual responsible for said breakage or damage will be billed for repair costs as well as any applicable administration fees.
Quayside work liable to cause any environmental, visual, noise, or odour nuisance, or to pose a risk to the health and safety of anyone nearby, is prohibited.
It is forbidden to fuel up at the Port d’escale without explicit authorization from Port d’escale supervisors.
Leaving any used oils, or other hazardous waste, on the quays involves a $1,000 fine.
Any boats for whom owners have failed to pay mooring fees and any boats mooring at the Port d’escale without authorization could be immobilized (chained) or towed into an unsecured area at the owner’s expense.
It is forbidden to engage in commercial activity at the Port d’escale without explicit authorization to do so from the Corporation.
The Port d’escale is subject to the Site’s general regulations.
Any individual whose behaviour is deemed unacceptable, or that is not in keeping with regulations of the Port d’escale, may be ejected without notice, compensation, or reimbursement.
It is forbidden to:
• bring alcohol onto the beach. Beverages purchased at the beach’s beverage stand may be consumed on the beach but only in the area at the very end of the quay.
• walk a pet on, or bring a pet to, the beach except for service animals (guide dogs and assistance dogs) whether they be on duty or in training.
• to enter the area at the very end of the quay unless they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (for minors), including to use the showers or washrooms, or to access or leave the beach. Unaccompanied minors must use the area of the beach located along the quay, facing the yacht club.
• smoke or vape tobacco or cannabis at all times within the beach area.
to cross or climb over the beach deck barriers.
• launch or throw projectiles (balloons, balls, frisbees) at the beach, either by hand or with any kind of device.
• use sound amplification devices and musical instruments Only personal headsets are permitted as to ensure the site remains tranquil.
• use glass containers on the beach.
• ride inline skates, skateboards, and bicycles on the beach. Bicycle racks outside the beach area must be used to park all bicycles.
• pitch a parasol or any other structure in the sand that could damage the liner below the sand.
During evening events, minors are not permitted on any of the beach areas.
Use of appropriate swim wear is expected, and the use of diapers or swim wear is expected for babies.
It is forbidden to:
• smoke, vape, eat, or drink on the ice.
• walk or ride a bicycle, scooter, or other similar vehicle on the ice.
• for a child to be held or carried in a baby carrier on the ice.
• use hockey sticks, hockey pucks, and any other sporting or leisure equipment on the ice other than ice skates.
• skate at high speeds, roughhouse, give chase, perform acrobatics, or engage in any other activity that could endanger the safety of rink users.
• voluntary damage the surface of the ice.
Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted on all ice surfaces and sleds are only permitted on natural ice surfaces.
Everyone is expected to follow the rink personnel’s directives, specifically in terms of rink maintenance periods and the direction in which rink users must skate.
The presence of all animals is prohibited on the rink.