ABOUT THE OLD PORT OF MONTREAL CORPORATION
The Old Port of Montreal Corporation encourages the contribution of suppliers and cultural product producers by offering high-quality recreational and tourist products and services.
The exceptional geographical location of the Old Port makes it one of the most popular destinations in Montreal and in Quebec; the innovative offerings of the Montreal Science Centre are considered among the major cultural institutions in the city.
The commercial activities contribute to the:
• enhancement of the site and of its buildings;
• preservation and the enhancement of its exceptional heritage;
• development, implementation and exploitation of a large variety of products, including high-quality maritime and recreational activities
The site of the Old Port is always researching new projects whose nature and impacts, while commercial, enhance the visitor experience. The majority of activities and business operations undertaken by the merchant is either on a permanent or seasonal bases (boutiques, restaurants, cruises, or recreational and touristic attractions).
Certain activities or products are operated directly by the Corporation, such as the parking lots, the Port d’escale, the Clock Tower Beach, and the Montreal Science Centre. The commercial projects proposals must fall under one of the following categories:
1. Tourist activities and services
• Projects that take place in the basins, parks and other converted spaces on the site
• Hiking or walking activities, outdoor games and sports
2. Cruises, excursions and maritime attractions
• Innovative projects such as cruises and rides on the river, to promote its value.
• Proposals must take into account the security standards currently in place and understand the geographic and nautical constraints of the St Lawrence River
• Innovative projects in terms of restauration
• Proposals must take all currently applicable standards into consideration
4. Summer boutiques
• Located in containers on the Summer shops strip , along the King-Edward Quay, in front of Port d’escale
• Benefit from the Montreal Science Centre clientele. Open daily, from May to September, 7 days a week.
• Must have an original theme and a distinct technological flavor
• Must present a wide selection of commonly used articles that display different scientific innovations
• The application process must be done online only. We review all proposals submitted by e-mail. Applications by phone or at our offices will not be considered.
• Only projects that meet the organization’s current or future needs will be considered.
• There is no waiting list, the projects are chosen based on the criteria mentioned in the previous point.
• Your projects must consider the available infrastructures and the security standards currently in place.
• If your project is selected, you must agree to comply with customer service criteria.
• Your proposal must contain all the information required on the form to be considered Insert the link here
• The Old Port of Montreal reserves the right to refuse any and/or all projects.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT
Please fill out the project proposal form and send it to the following address to offer your projects : email@example.com
For all information requests pertaining to commercial projects, please contact us at the following address:
To obtain information regarding tenders for the Old Port of Montreal, please consult the site